- Dodson Data Systems | Press release
- Exclusive Analysis | Press release
- Invention Machine | Press release
- GlobalSpec | Press release
- CyberRegs | Press release
- XeDAR Inc | Press release
- BDW Automotive GmbH | Press release
- IMS Research | Press release
- DisplayBank | Press release
- PartMiner CAPS | Press release
- Hild Technology Services | Press release
- Data Explorers
- Emerging Energy Research
- CSM Worldwide
- Quantitative Micro Software (QMS)
- Chemical and Energy Products from Access Intelligence LLC
- Atrion International Inc.
- Syntex Management Systems Inc.
- iSuppli Corporation (includes Screen Digest)
- Wall Street on Demand
IHS celebrates 50 year anniversary
- Remaining 49 percent of assets in Lloyd's Register-Fairplay (LRF)
- LogTech Canada
- Environmental Support Solutions (ESS)
- Prómiere, a service segment of Avnet, Inc.
- MarkitSERV joint venture created with DTCC
- Global Insight, Inc., a recognized leader in provider the most comprehensive global macroeconomic information, analysis and consulting services to corporations, financial institutions and governments around the world. The Global Insight acquisition – the largest acquisition to date – establishes economic forecasting and market outlook as core IHS competencies.
- JFA International
- Dolphin Software
- Environmental Software Providers (ESP)
- 50 percent of assets in Lloyd's Register-Fairplay (LRF)
- Divestco USA, Inc.
- Prime Publications, Limited
- Documental Solutions
- Reservoir Visualization
- NTC Economics
- Exploration Data Services of Gulf Coast (EDS)
- PCNAlert, Inc.
- Geological Consulting Services
- Jane’s Information Group. With more than 100 years of experience, Jane’s holds an unrivaled reputation for the reliability, accuracy and impartiality of information and advice, trusted and relied upon by business, government and military decision-makers worldwide.
- John S. Herold, Inc., founded in 1948, as an independent research firm specializing in the analysis of companies, transactions and trends in the global energy industry.
- SDG Oil & Gas
- McCloskey Group
- CDS IndexCo
- International Index Company
- CRC (Construction Research Consulting)
- Assets of geoPLUS
- Nixon Digital Logs
45 years strong, IHS Inc. is a leading worldwide provider of information products, solutions and services, incorporating technical standards, regulations, parts and design guides
IHS becomes a publicly traded company (NYSE: IHS)
- Content and Data Services Business from i2 Technologies, Inc.
- ATP (American Technical Publishing)
Information Handling Services becomes IHS, Inc.
- Cambridge Energy Research Associates (CERA) which was founded in 1983 by Dr. Daniel Yergin, as a leading advisor to international energy companies, governments, financial institutions and technology providers
- USA Information Services, Inc.
- Totem & DaDD
Information Handling Services acquires
- Petroleum Limited (PL)
- GeoFluids Data and Software
Information Handling Services acquires Petroleum Data Services Division and Accumap Enerdata from QC Data
IHS formed as holding company for new subsidiaries
IHS expands into other markets, including regulatory and international
Information Handling Services acquires:
- MAI Consultants
Information Handling Services acquires:
- Engineering Resource Center
- Engineering Sciences Data Units (ESDU)
Information Handling Services launches Engineering Resource Center, introducing several engineering databases in one centralized location online, paving the way to develop the majority of its products as online solutions
Information Handling Services acquires Petroconsultants S.A.
Petroleum Information (PI) and Dwights LLC. Merge
IHS begins marketing online versions of its information databases, making products easily accessible and easily update-able
Information Handling Services produces nearly three million feet of microfilm and is recognized as the world’s largest commercial producer of microfilm products
Flagship VSMF continues to grow
Information Handling Services begins producing engineering information databases in electronic format, responding to need for faster delivery as PCs become standard
Information Handling Services produces a full text CD-ROM database
Information Handling Services acquires Global Engineering Documents
Information Handling Services acquires Technical Indexes Ltd.
Information Handling Services moves to Englewood, Colorado
Information Handling Services becomes part of the Indian Head Company, founded in 1953, a broadly diversified company in metal and automotive products, producing glass containers, information technology systems and a wide variety of specialty textiles.
Information Handling Services was founded by Richard O'Brien as a provider of product catalog databases on microfilm for aerospace engineers
Flagship product VSMF (Vendor Specs Microfilm File) indexed to locate information quickly and produced on microfilm to conserve space that was generally occupied by libraries of hard documents